Building leaders for tomorrow.
Education in La Grange offers students diverse opportunities that prepare them to be critical thinkers, benefitting the workforce in all business sectors. Academically rigorous, the educational track, which begins with preschool, fosters intelligent children who are ready to excel now and in their future careers.
La Grange ISD is a 4A district of elevated expectations whose goal is that every student has the opportunity to graduate and be prepared to build successful careers and fulfilled futures. The greatest asset of our district is our students and La Grange ISD has provided the educational foundation for generations in our community at all three campuses (Hermes/Intermediate School, La Grange Middle School, and La Grange High School)
Sacred Heart School was established in 1930 and includes a 3-year-old program through 6th grade. Fully accredited by T.C.C.E.D., the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department under the guidelines of the Texas Education Agency, Sacred Heart School offers a strong academic program in the areas of math, language arts, science, social studies, computer, music, physical education, and art at all grade levels taught by experienced certified teachers with a student to teacher ratio of approximately 15:1.
Opportunities abound for students in La Grange looking to pursue higher education or training. There are a plethora of options within commuting distance that offer students the opportunity to achieve anything from technical certifications to doctoral degrees.
- Blinn College – Schulenburg Campus | 16.1 miles
- Blinn College – Brenham Campus | 33.1 miles
- Prairie View A&M University | 54.6 miles
- Huston-Tillotson University | 56.2 miles
- University of Texas at Austin – 57.5 miles
- Austin Community College | 58 miles
- Texas A&M University | 58.8 miles
- Texas State University – San Marcos | 63.6 miles
- Texas State University – Round Rock | 65.1 miles
- Concordia University | 67.4 miles
- Southwestern University | 68.8 miles
- University of Houston at Victoria | 75.7 miles