260 North Washington Street
Learn the history of the local railroads and their importance to the area.
Saturday 10am-4pm (except on holidays)
2. Fayette Public Library/Fayette Heritage Museum & Archives
855 South Jefferson Street
(979) 968-3765 / (979) 968-6418
Museum, archives, a computer lab, and full library along with an outside playground.
Tuesday-Friday 10am-6pm | Saturday 10am-1pm
3. Texas Czech Heritage & Cultural Center
250 West Fairgrounds Road
(888) 785-4500 / (979) 968-9399
Museum, Genealogy Library, Hanslik Banquet Hall, gift shop, amphitheater, pavilion, Czech Music Museum of Texas, restored historical Czech family homes and buildings.
Monday-Friday 10am-4 pm | Saturday 10am-3 pm
4. Texas Heroes Museum in the Old Fayette County Jail
171 South Main Street
Friday – Saturday 10am-4pm | Sunday 1pm-4pm
5. Texas Quilt Museum
140 West Colorado Street
With changing exhibits in three spacious, high ceilinged galleries, the museum also features a period “town” garden alongside a beautiful outside mural.
Thursday-Saturday 10am-4pm | Sunday 12pm-4pm